Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Workshop
Thursday 21st February 2019
The Belsfield, Windermere
9.30am – 1pm
Our next meeting is one not to be missed. Beth Curl from Hyproformance will be running a special MBTI Workshop for LBN. Please note this is an extended session due to the time it takes. Booking is essential as Beth needs to order booklets for the Workshop, which you will be able to take away with you. Cost is £20 for members and £30 for non-members on the day. (The usual price is £300 so it’s a bargain!)
The workshop will be interactive and Beth will guide you through a self-assessment to identify your own preferred MBTI Type. You will learn about your own preferred ways of working and communicating, and will identify how others you work and live with have different preferences. These insights will help you to understand others better and to find ways of working more effectively with them.
There will be group work, individual thinking, and lively debate. And as always at an LBN meeting, the fun of working with a great group of people!
So what is MBTI? Beth will explain…
MBTI is one of the most popular and respected personality type tools in the world which is based on research by the renowned psychologist Carl Jung. The tool can help people easily understand why differences arise at home and in the workplace and provides an easy framework to build relationships and teams. While each person is unique, personality theorists believe we have common characteristics that group us into certain personality types. If you know what type you are, it can lead to some interesting insights into why you do things a certain way – or why you do them at all. Once you have an understanding of what makes you really tick it can lead not only to greater self-acceptance, but also can help you accept and value the differences of others. Learning and understanding how each other tick can help to:
- Avoid and resolve conflicts
- Play to an individual’s strengths
- Identify gaps in the team
- Discover how your team style works best with customers
- Enable self-understanding and so reduce stress
- Assist communication strategies
- Provide managers with the understanding to give effective feedback
- Inform personal development plan
- Work together more effectively
- Relate to each other with greater understanding
- Inform your own and others decision making
- Identify and develop strengths and weaknesses
- Encourage team members to understand and appreciate different strengths
- Improve and change culture
- Cost for Workshop is £20 for members and £30 for non-members. To be paid on the day. This covers the cost of the MBTI booklet every attendee will receive as well as the MBTI license.
- We need to know numbers by Tuesday 12th February
- We only have 24 places available and spaces go quickly so book asap!
Please follow the link to book your place www.trybooking.co.uk/IIF